January 9, 2023
Danville City Commission Meeting
- The Arts Commission of Danville/Boyle County presented Madelyn Worley with the honor of Arts Citizen of the Year, as well as recognizing the Boyle County Farmers Market, hosted by the Boyle County Chamber of Commerce, for their outstanding contributions to the art community.
- The City of Danville will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr Day with a full day of events beginning at 12 pm on Monday, January 16. The theme of this year’s celebration is “It starts with me”. Attendees will march from City Hall to the Jennie Rogers Community Center for program featuring speakers, poetry, and community choirs. Lunch and t-shirts will be provided while supplies last. Transportation back to City Hall will be available for those who need it. A convocation will follow at 7:00 PM at the Norton Center for the Arts. Find Event Page on Facebook
- Great American Brass Band Festival Director, Michaelle Perros, presented a proposed budget for a Summer Concert Series in Downtown Danville, and requested financial resources from the City. The City plans to work with Boyle County officials to support and promote the event.
- City Commission Meetings will be held on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- Commissioner Jennie Hollon was appointed Mayor Pro Tem.
- Finance Director, Leigh Compton, presented a brief Quarterly Financial Update for the City. The report will be available for public viewing on the City’s website in the coming days.
- Leaf Collection has ended. See it here.
- The Streetscape project is progressing with an expected completion date of June 1, 2023. 63 trees will replace the 27 which were removed at the beginning of the project. The replacement trees were selected by recommendations of the Beautification Committee and are expected to be at 3” diameter when planted. The City intends to maintain the trees in a way that will prevent overgrowth in the future and avoid destruction of new sidewalks.
- The Danville City Commission is moving forward with an agreement to partner with Boyle County Schools to operate a 6-classroom childcare facility at the Jennie Rogers Community Center. The Boyle County School Board will review the agreement at their next meeting.
- The City of Danville Fire Department hosts CPR Training on the last Friday of each month. Please call the Danville Fire Department at 859-238-1211 for more information.
See the Agenda
Watch the Meeting on YouTube