November 14, 2022
Danville City Commission Meeting
Get the highlights:
- Congratulations to Officer Sally Bustle on her retirement from the Danville Police Department. We thank her for her dedicated service to the Citizens of Danville.
- Recognition of Jack Hendricks, of the VIPS (Volunteers in Police Services) Program, for cooperation and service to the Danville Police Department.
- The regularly scheduled City Commission meetings in December have been cancelled and a special meeting will be called on December 19.
- City Hall will be closed on November 24 and 25 for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- The City of Danville will celebrate the Annual Tree Lighting on December 1 at 6 pm and the Danville Christmas Parade on December 10 at 6 pm.
- Streetscape Update: Due to construction, parking on Main Street is reserved for Downtown Customers only. Additional parking is available in the parking garage. Downtown Businesses are open for business and preparing for the holiday shopping season!
- The Tennis Courts being constructed at the fairgrounds property will be for community use. The City of Danville is also working with Danville schools to promote use for afterschool programs and partnerships at the Jennie Rogers Community Center for 2023.
- CentreWorks is hosting an Open House for introduction to the newly organized Danville-Boyle County Economic Development Partnership on November 15 from 5:30pm - 7 pm.
- Congratulations to Nick and Christian Barker, of the Danville-Boyle County Airport, on being awarded the 2022 Kentucky General Aviation Airport Manager of the Year.
- City of Danville Water Customers can now make payments at the Farmers National Bank locations in Perryville and Junction City. These payments will be processed by the City on the following business day.
- The Danville Fire Department is working with the Salvation Army to administer the 2022 Toy Program. Donations are being accepted at the fire station.
Watch the Full Meeting
The next City Commission Meeting will be held on November 28 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.