- Business & Occupational Licenses
- Special Event Permits
Special Event Permits
Any person, firm, business entity, nonprofit organization, or corporation engaging in the business of promoting, operating, or otherwise conducting a temporary event such as a festival or a special event defined in Section 14-102 that leases, rents, or otherwise provides the use of temporary booths, stalls or other like spaces to any person, firm, business entity, organization, corporation or combination thereof, unless otherwise subject to occupational license taxation in the City outside of the special event permitted period and location, but shall be required to pay a special event permit fee of ($25) per booth/stall/space leased, rented or otherwise provided, and such permit shall be valid for a period not to exceed five days and shall be valid only for operations at the permitted location. The following regulations shall also apply, see Ordinance Number 1882 (PDF) and Occupational License Ordinance (PDF).
- Special Event Permit Application (should be submitted to the Chief of Police's Office at least 30 days prior to the event)
- Special Event Permit Report (PDF) or Special Event Permit Report (XLSX)
- To be submitted no later than 5 days before the date of the event.
- Special Event Permit Reconciliation Report (PDF) or Special Event Permit Reconciliation Report (XLSX)
- To be submitted no later than 20 days after the date of the event or deposit will be forfeited in full.
Note: If someone indicates they have a Business License please confirm that it is a City of Danville Business License as a license from another jurisdiction is not applicable. Questions please contact Leigh Compton, Director of Finance at 859-238-1200, ext. 2340.