Homelessness in Danville
A community meeting was held on Wednesday, December 6, to provide the opportunity for community members and local organizations to share their thoughts and experiences with the homeless community in Danville. Members of the Danville City Commission were in attendance to hear comments and presentations related to the issue, to gain a full understanding of the scope of homelessness in the community.
This meeting, led by Danville Police Chief, Tony Gray, was intended as a starting-point for further discussion and action-planning, identifying key stakeholders to combat homelessness, and support members of the local homeless population.
A survey of members of the homeless population in Danville, created through a partnership of Boyle County ASAP (Agency for Substance Abuse Policy) and Centre College, provides some important data to be considered in the conversations surrounding the issue.
A second meeting is expected to take place after the new year.
Additional Documents and Resources:
- Assistance for Boyle County Homeless Residents
- Duffle Packing Event on December 14th
- Contact email@example.com to request copy of housing study
- God's Grace Club (feeding the unhoused every Saturday from Hometown Kids - 845 E Main)
- Volunteer/Sign up to serve with God's Grace Club - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4CA4AA2CA1F9C43-47096161-weekly?useFullSite=true#/