The City of Danville Ordinance 1888
Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for Retail Sales of Fireworks Application
City of Danville Temporary Sales of Fireworks Check List
This list is to be used after
obtaining all Danville Building and Planning and Zoning requirements and State Fire Marshal approval.
Danville Boyle County Building Inspector 859-238-1107
Danville Boyle County Planning and Zoning 859-238-1235
1. Must comply with all State Laws and Regulations and have current State Registration number
2. Obtain and complete City of Danville Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for Retail Sales of Fireworks application
3. Pay the $100.00 permit fee at City Hall
4. After location is set up and prior to opening call City of Danville Fire Department for a Site Inspection 859-238-1211
5. Temporary Certificate of Occupancy will be issued after site inspection is complete and site is in compliance
The site inspection will include the following items and forms to have on hand.
1. Location of sales is as stated on application
2. Tent must have certificate of Flame Resistance and must include the State Fire Marshal’s Stamp
3. Certificate of Insurance listing Workers’ Compensation
4. City of Danville Business License
5. Fire Extinguisher with current inspection tag
6. Posted No Smoking Signs
7. Posted No Sales Under 18 years of age
8. Storage is as listed in State Fire Marshal’s application and as reported to the fire department
Public Fireworks Display Check List
1. Obtain fireworks permit
from the State Fire Marshals Office
2. Complete the application
3. Submit application with all required paperwork
4. Pay the $100.00 permit fee at City Hall
5 The City of Danville Fire Chief will then sign off on the application
Public Fireworks Display Inspection
The City of Danville Fire Department will make a on site safety inspection the evening of the display prior to the display after the initial set up is complete.
The inspection will include verificaton of the site and qualifications of the on-site personnel, and to ensure proper safety practices are in place.